Skip to main content

Noise

Inside my head I'm screaming

the noise never stops
I am tired of feeling like an issue
tissue after tissue I cry
they think to themselves
why why why?
They place ideas and concepts
on who they want me to be
or who they think I am
They are so scared 
they don't even see the real me
standing right here
being open and honest and real
I try to tell them how I feel
And all of a sudden
before I can finish
these things are an issue
I am not doing anything wrong
I am trying my best to stay so strong
I have a beautiful daughter
who matters to me most
and even that is put into question
I am starting to feel more lost 
I am closing
the walls feel like they are caving
they don't even see what I am craving
I want to be close
I want them to know
who I am and want to be
or at least help while I am on the way there
I feel scared
I want to raise her 
while also succeeding
how can I do both?
we need to get away
I don't know how we can stay
it feels like I am suffocating
i need to breathe
please stop trying to change the way
I am
I am me
I am trying me best
not to fail the rest
The chaos around me is so loud
All I want is to feel proud
proud of the mom I have become
and proud of the individual I am
I want you to be proud
I want you to feel joy 
when you think of me
And then the dark thoughts creep in
what is there to be proud of?
I did well in high school 
made good grades
never went to college 
and look what Ive made
I've been divorced and now live at home
I have no job 
just hidden talent
the thoughts fade and I always know
it will be okay
One day I won't say
such things
because I will know in my heart
I did alright
she will be just fine 
and so will I
as long as we have each other
all the other things won't be a bother





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Saftey Hazards Aren't Always A Bad Thing

As much as I’d love for the house to be pristine at all hours of the day, it isn’t. And recently, I’ve learned that this is perfectly OK. Just five years ago, I refused to go to sleep unless the house looked flawless and the sink was completely empty. Every surface had to be wiped down, every toy put away, every last dish cleaned. Now, we go to sleep most nights with a sink full of dishes and at least one part of the house in total disarray. Sometimes it’s a carefully arranged doll village set up in my room. Other times it’s glitter and tiny cut-up pieces of paper scattered across the playroom floor, a fort taking over the living room, or some wildly elaborate animal-and-blanket fortress creeping up the stairs. And honestly? That’s okay. On the bright side, the sink is full of dishes because we ate good food together. The doll village exists because my daughters are creating stories, imagining family dynamics, and bonding as sisters. The glitter and scraps of paper mean they’re experim...

The Perfect Man

  I’m pretty sure I just saw the man of my dreams… And now he’s gone… Forever. I was at the post office getting money orders when a handsome cowboy walks in right behind me.   He had a nice brown cowboy hat, blue button up shirt, some rather nice fitting jeans and boots, of course. At that moment I realized something….. I should probably start dressing better. I was wearing a Lion King sweatshirt with black cutoff shorts and sandals. Not even cute sandals, they were basically slides but for a boat. If that makes sense. I stood there in line, trying to look as confident and pretty as possible, but you can only be so pretty with your hair in a bun wearing a sweatshirt and grungy shorts.   I made attempts to steal glances at him, but he didn’t notice. It wasn’t long until I was called up to the cashier and was then having to socialize with the cashier while he printed my money orders.   The cowboy was right beside me with the other teller and all I could do was try to s...

Curve Ball

Back in July, life threw a curveball and I wound up pregnant, quite surprisingly, again. You know when society (and the box it comes in) says the morning after pill works as long as you take it within 72 hours? Well, I took it 12 hours later and it didn’t work. I thought I was being responsible for preventing pregnancy and it turns out life had other plans, and that’s okay. But those of you who would implode if they got pregnant, NEVER use plan B/ the morning after pill. I did some research and found if you ovulate within that window before you take the pill, it essentially becomes ineffective if there are some strong swimmers in there. So $40 later that tiny little thing was pointless. I was about 4 weeks along the process when I figured out what was happening. My period was late, which it had been for the last 5 months due to stress I presume, but something inside me said it wasn’t just a late period. I had an old test lying around. It was about 6am and I decided to take it before my...