Skip to main content

Cute or Cruel?: A Piece Of My Mind

Can someone please explain to me why piercing a baby's ears is okay? I am 100% AGAINST causing my baby unnecessary pain just so she has pretty little earrings in her earlobes.

Image result for baby infected ear piercing crying


WHY IS THIS OKAY?! 

Not only do babies not voluntarily want a needle to go through their ears but they don't even have the option to say no. We are all individuals, babies or adults. That poor baby that just had needles go into her earlobes did not verbally say I want my ears pierced, end of story.

Should I give my baby botox injections so her lips are bigger? Of course not. But wait, it's just a needle somewhere else causing pain and alteration to the innocent little human. Isn't it kind of the same thing?

Related image
Some might say no, that's completely different, you're sticking it inside her lips. Well, there's a metal earring through a baby's earlobes which can get infected and in some cases, cause allergic reactions with a baby's developing immune system. 

Can we please end the forceful piercing of innocent baby's? I know it hurts to get a piercing, I've had many. I would never want to cause my daughter that sort of pain when it is 100% unnecessary and not needed at just a few months of age. 

Let me assure anyone reading this that I am not questioning the love you have for your child by any means. I am simply questioning the intentions in getting the piercings done at all. It can't be for the baby, the baby doesn't even comprehend why she has a dreadful pain in her earlobes let alone the little things that are in her ears now. I mean, she's not looking at them thinking, "I love my earrings" so WHY? 

I appreciate the fact my parents took my sister and me to get our ears pierced when we wanted them done. I was twelve years old. It hurt but I was proud of myself and it felt special to have them done at an age when I understood the responsibility of taking care of them. 
 
I am sorry for anyone who might feel offended but I had to say something. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Saftey Hazards Aren't Always A Bad Thing

As much as I’d love for the house to be pristine at all hours of the day, it isn’t. And recently, I’ve learned that this is perfectly OK. Just five years ago, I refused to go to sleep unless the house looked flawless and the sink was completely empty. Every surface had to be wiped down, every toy put away, every last dish cleaned. Now, we go to sleep most nights with a sink full of dishes and at least one part of the house in total disarray. Sometimes it’s a carefully arranged doll village set up in my room. Other times it’s glitter and tiny cut-up pieces of paper scattered across the playroom floor, a fort taking over the living room, or some wildly elaborate animal-and-blanket fortress creeping up the stairs. And honestly? That’s okay. On the bright side, the sink is full of dishes because we ate good food together. The doll village exists because my daughters are creating stories, imagining family dynamics, and bonding as sisters. The glitter and scraps of paper mean they’re experim...

The Perfect Man

  I’m pretty sure I just saw the man of my dreams… And now he’s gone… Forever. I was at the post office getting money orders when a handsome cowboy walks in right behind me.   He had a nice brown cowboy hat, blue button up shirt, some rather nice fitting jeans and boots, of course. At that moment I realized something….. I should probably start dressing better. I was wearing a Lion King sweatshirt with black cutoff shorts and sandals. Not even cute sandals, they were basically slides but for a boat. If that makes sense. I stood there in line, trying to look as confident and pretty as possible, but you can only be so pretty with your hair in a bun wearing a sweatshirt and grungy shorts.   I made attempts to steal glances at him, but he didn’t notice. It wasn’t long until I was called up to the cashier and was then having to socialize with the cashier while he printed my money orders.   The cowboy was right beside me with the other teller and all I could do was try to s...

Curve Ball

Back in July, life threw a curveball and I wound up pregnant, quite surprisingly, again. You know when society (and the box it comes in) says the morning after pill works as long as you take it within 72 hours? Well, I took it 12 hours later and it didn’t work. I thought I was being responsible for preventing pregnancy and it turns out life had other plans, and that’s okay. But those of you who would implode if they got pregnant, NEVER use plan B/ the morning after pill. I did some research and found if you ovulate within that window before you take the pill, it essentially becomes ineffective if there are some strong swimmers in there. So $40 later that tiny little thing was pointless. I was about 4 weeks along the process when I figured out what was happening. My period was late, which it had been for the last 5 months due to stress I presume, but something inside me said it wasn’t just a late period. I had an old test lying around. It was about 6am and I decided to take it before my...