Skip to main content

Face Mask Gone Wrong

This morning my face was exceptionally rosy and I came up with the (horrible) idea of making a cinnamon, water, and peppermint extract mixture. The idea was to use it as a sort of toner in hopes of settling down the redness.  This has been one of my least brightest moments in life because seconds later my face was burning and bright red. Please take note: PEPPERMINT EXTRACT WILL NOT REDUCE REDNESS OF THE SKIN. IT ISN'T A BAD IDEA TO GOOGLE THIS BEFORE FINDING OUT THE HARD WAY LIKE I DID.

Anyway, I had work today and  did not want to show up looking like a literal red head, so for once I decided to put on all my makeup. (I have 90% stopped wearing makeup all together except for on rare occasions like today). This has been the result:

My mum was staring at me in a funny way so I finally asked why. "You just look so pale and your lips are so dark... I'm not used to seeing you like this." To which I responded, "That's because my face is normally makeup-less and tinted red."

I work across the street from a DUI driving school which had just gotten out. When I stepped out of the car I noticed people (guys) looked at me right away. One even said, "Hi how are you doing?" as I walked past him. All because I'm wearing makeup?

Then I realized, when I'm all natural it's like I don't exist but all of a sudden when dark red lipstick and mascara (and a lot more) come into play, I look good, or on point, and get stared at. WHY SOCIETY!? WHY!? Even my friend Jon said I was "on point" and Im 99.9% positive he's never said anything like that to me when I'm my usual no makeup self. He's the one who encouraged me to not wear makeup in the first place so I listened - yet when he finally compliments me it's when Im practically a cake face...Oh the irony.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Saftey Hazards Aren't Always A Bad Thing

As much as I’d love for the house to be pristine at all hours of the day, it isn’t. And recently, I’ve learned that this is perfectly OK. Just five years ago, I refused to go to sleep unless the house looked flawless and the sink was completely empty. Every surface had to be wiped down, every toy put away, every last dish cleaned. Now, we go to sleep most nights with a sink full of dishes and at least one part of the house in total disarray. Sometimes it’s a carefully arranged doll village set up in my room. Other times it’s glitter and tiny cut-up pieces of paper scattered across the playroom floor, a fort taking over the living room, or some wildly elaborate animal-and-blanket fortress creeping up the stairs. And honestly? That’s okay. On the bright side, the sink is full of dishes because we ate good food together. The doll village exists because my daughters are creating stories, imagining family dynamics, and bonding as sisters. The glitter and scraps of paper mean they’re experim...

The Perfect Man

  I’m pretty sure I just saw the man of my dreams… And now he’s gone… Forever. I was at the post office getting money orders when a handsome cowboy walks in right behind me.   He had a nice brown cowboy hat, blue button up shirt, some rather nice fitting jeans and boots, of course. At that moment I realized something….. I should probably start dressing better. I was wearing a Lion King sweatshirt with black cutoff shorts and sandals. Not even cute sandals, they were basically slides but for a boat. If that makes sense. I stood there in line, trying to look as confident and pretty as possible, but you can only be so pretty with your hair in a bun wearing a sweatshirt and grungy shorts.   I made attempts to steal glances at him, but he didn’t notice. It wasn’t long until I was called up to the cashier and was then having to socialize with the cashier while he printed my money orders.   The cowboy was right beside me with the other teller and all I could do was try to s...

Curve Ball

Back in July, life threw a curveball and I wound up pregnant, quite surprisingly, again. You know when society (and the box it comes in) says the morning after pill works as long as you take it within 72 hours? Well, I took it 12 hours later and it didn’t work. I thought I was being responsible for preventing pregnancy and it turns out life had other plans, and that’s okay. But those of you who would implode if they got pregnant, NEVER use plan B/ the morning after pill. I did some research and found if you ovulate within that window before you take the pill, it essentially becomes ineffective if there are some strong swimmers in there. So $40 later that tiny little thing was pointless. I was about 4 weeks along the process when I figured out what was happening. My period was late, which it had been for the last 5 months due to stress I presume, but something inside me said it wasn’t just a late period. I had an old test lying around. It was about 6am and I decided to take it before my...