Skip to main content

Confession of a Starbucks and Corvette Lover

My sister Brooke had been craving Starbucks so this morning we finally went. As we pull up to the drive thru there is a beautiful, shiny, white as snow Corvette. We were practically drooling over it the entire time. Acknowledging the curves, the lines and discussing whether we liked the old circular lights or the newer rectangular lights in the back.

Personally, the newer Corvettes are incredibly sexy. The older ones are nice, very attractive, but these new ones really just do it for me. My sister on the other hand prefers the older lights, just as the one in front of us has. "I'm pretty sure it's a stingray," she says, always sounding so intelligent and knowing way more about the details than I do. "I'm physically attracted to this car," I joked around.

Brooke even noticed the nice sound it made whereas my 2000 Subaru Outback was a pipsqueak in comparison. As we reach the window the cashier says, "The lady in front of you paid for your guy's drinks and she hopes you have a wonderful day." I started laughing and explained how we were obsessing over her car the entire time. We ended up paying for the coffee behind us also.

It's amazing how a simple act of kindness can mean so much. Part of me hopes I might see this kind lady again just to thank her. Not to mention my sister then felt inspired to go to school and get a good job so that she can afford her own snow white corvette one day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Saftey Hazards Aren't Always A Bad Thing

As much as I’d love for the house to be pristine at all hours of the day, it isn’t. And recently, I’ve learned that this is perfectly OK. Just five years ago, I refused to go to sleep unless the house looked flawless and the sink was completely empty. Every surface had to be wiped down, every toy put away, every last dish cleaned. Now, we go to sleep most nights with a sink full of dishes and at least one part of the house in total disarray. Sometimes it’s a carefully arranged doll village set up in my room. Other times it’s glitter and tiny cut-up pieces of paper scattered across the playroom floor, a fort taking over the living room, or some wildly elaborate animal-and-blanket fortress creeping up the stairs. And honestly? That’s okay. On the bright side, the sink is full of dishes because we ate good food together. The doll village exists because my daughters are creating stories, imagining family dynamics, and bonding as sisters. The glitter and scraps of paper mean they’re experim...

The Perfect Man

  I’m pretty sure I just saw the man of my dreams… And now he’s gone… Forever. I was at the post office getting money orders when a handsome cowboy walks in right behind me.   He had a nice brown cowboy hat, blue button up shirt, some rather nice fitting jeans and boots, of course. At that moment I realized something….. I should probably start dressing better. I was wearing a Lion King sweatshirt with black cutoff shorts and sandals. Not even cute sandals, they were basically slides but for a boat. If that makes sense. I stood there in line, trying to look as confident and pretty as possible, but you can only be so pretty with your hair in a bun wearing a sweatshirt and grungy shorts.   I made attempts to steal glances at him, but he didn’t notice. It wasn’t long until I was called up to the cashier and was then having to socialize with the cashier while he printed my money orders.   The cowboy was right beside me with the other teller and all I could do was try to s...

Curve Ball

Back in July, life threw a curveball and I wound up pregnant, quite surprisingly, again. You know when society (and the box it comes in) says the morning after pill works as long as you take it within 72 hours? Well, I took it 12 hours later and it didn’t work. I thought I was being responsible for preventing pregnancy and it turns out life had other plans, and that’s okay. But those of you who would implode if they got pregnant, NEVER use plan B/ the morning after pill. I did some research and found if you ovulate within that window before you take the pill, it essentially becomes ineffective if there are some strong swimmers in there. So $40 later that tiny little thing was pointless. I was about 4 weeks along the process when I figured out what was happening. My period was late, which it had been for the last 5 months due to stress I presume, but something inside me said it wasn’t just a late period. I had an old test lying around. It was about 6am and I decided to take it before my...